Thursday, October 21, 2010

Increase Your Blog’s Popularity with the Help of Technorati

While I was working, my friend Pat Ambrosio messaged me and told me that he saw my blog and gave me some tips on how to make my blog popular. One of those is to submit my blog to Technorati.  As I am new to blogging and I am not aware of it, I immediately checked the site. 

According to the FAQ section of the site, by claiming our blog, our blog will be added in the Technorati’s Blog Directory under the categories that we have specified.  We may also add tags for our blog so that our blog will be listed in their Tag pages for those tags.  With that, Technorati users will be able to see our blogs under the categories and tags that we’ve specified.  Also, if our blogs are doing well, our blogs may be listed in the Technorati Top 100.  

Here are the steps on how to claim our blog in Technorati:
  1. Go to the Technorati homepage and log in using your account by clicking the Sign In link.  If you don’t have an account yet, click the Join link and register.
  2. If you are now logged in, click your username beside the [sign out] link to access your profile.
  3. Start claiming your blog by providing your blog’s URL and click the Claim button.
  4. Fill in all the necessary fields and make sure to provide a good title and description for your site, as this will market your site to your target readers.  Also, make sure to select the correct category and tags for your site.
  5. Click the Proceed to the next step button.
  6. An e-mail will be sent to you containing your claim token.
  7. Verify your blog by posting something in your blog containing the claim token.  You may want to delete your post after verifying it.
  8. Go to your Technorati account and click the “Check Claim” button.  I’m not sure how long it takes Technorati to show this in your profile page.  Some say it only took them almost a day but some say it took forever for this option to show up.   In my case, it took almost a week for this option to become visible in my account page.  Now that this option is visible in my account page, I need to wait until Technorati crawls my site.
  9. After a day, Technorati is now crawling my blog.

Now that Technorati is crawling my blog, let’s see what the effect of Technorati will be to my blog.  What’s your experience with Technorati?

No comments:

Post a Comment